Spring Dance Concert: “It’s complicated. It’s sharp. It’s cool. It’s edgy.”

Annual performace showcases all year-long dance class

Staff photo

Dance III performs one of their pieces at a tech rehearsal after school on Tuesday, March 7. The Spring Dance Concert opens on Thursday and runs through Sunday, March 12.

Miles Johnson, Editor-in-Chief

The St. Pius X dance program will perform at their annual Spring Dance Concert March 9-12. The Thursday, Friday, and Saturday shows start at 7:00 pm, and Sunday’s matinee is at 2:00 pm. 

Featuring all year-long dance classes, the show includes ballet, jazz, modern, and hip-hop pieces that they’ve been working on for months. 

“Everyone’s prepared. We do a week of full-length rehearsals before the concert,” said senior Dance III member Zainab Hicks.

When asked about her favorite piece, Hicks said, “I think the jazz piece that we’re doing this year is pretty dope. It’s complicated. It’s sharp. It’s cool. It’s edgy. I really love it.”

Speaking about the dance program in general, Hicks said, “The dance people are welcoming, cheerful, very hyperactive, and focused at the same time.”

Most shows are almost sold out. If you haven’t gotten your tickets yet, go to spxarts.booktix.com and use the code student23 for one free student ticket so you can cheer along with the dance program. 

As Hicks said, “We’re all cheering. Even if they mess up something, we cheer because it’s all about bringing up people. We’ll all be on the stage eventually.”